How Much Time Do You Spend on Laundry?
Laundry is one of those chores you just can’t skip out on. It’s time-consuming and annoying, yet we still end up doing it week in and week out. Add a family into the equation and you’ll end up spending even more time on laundry than before. The Bureau of Labor Statistics created a survey to find out how American’s spend their time, which includes the average time spent doing laundry.
How much time is spent doing laundry?
According to the survey, laundry makes up a fair amount of time in the average American’s schedule. On average, women spend 17 minutes per day doing laundry related activities, while men spend around four minutes daily doing laundry. Here’s a quick breakdown of the findings:
- Women, on average, spend 17 minutes per day on laundry related activities.
- Men, on the other hand, spend around 4 minutes per day on laundry related activities.
- For women, laundry related activities rank third for daily time spent, right behind interior cleaning and cooking.
- For men, laundry related activities rank seventh for daily time spent, with cooking and lawn/garden activities ranking first and second respectively.
- On an average day, women spend three times as much time as men when it comes to laundry.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “I don’t do laundry every day!”, you’re probably like most people who decide to lump it all up into an entire afternoon of work. Regardless of how or when you handle your laundry duties, the United States spends a lot of wasted time ensuring their garments and linens are fresh and ready to wear.
Let someone else handle your laundry duties.
Fresh Clothes makes it easy to say goodbye to laundry day. We offer an affordable, quality solution to your laundry problems. And we’ll come pick up your dirty clothes and drop them off folded and smelling fresh in 24 hours! We’re in the business of making sure that your clothes are taken the best care of. Our professional cleaners will make sure that your clothes are cleaned properly, folded, and returned to your doorstep, ready for you to enjoy.